February 20, 2015– New York City, NY– YEEZY IS BACK, AND HE ISN’T SO DAMN ANGRY! Yo, when I read Kanye West was going to be on Power 105.1’s “The Breakfast Club,” I IMMEDIATELY downloaded the iHeart radio app to be sure I could tune in LIVE! Man, that was so dope! Kanye just got off-air with the voices of Hip-Hop Culture, and the best content curators for this level of interview-ism (def made that word up). I am a Kanye fan, and I am so happy to see him out and about… being public, and giving the people what they want–Kanye West.
Whether you love him or hate him, you are aware of him; which makes his brand and legacy everlasting. I read that 2015 Hip-Hop is already killing 2014, and I def agree. Overall, the voice of hip-hop is lit… and its only February. Shout out to black history in the NOW.
I learned a LOT during this interview, but I’ll try to break it down to a few of my top moments from the DOPEST interview of the year:
1. “The New and Improved Media Trained Kanye!” — Charlamagne The God
2. “I had to take 30 showers after dating Amber Rose.”– Kanye West
3. “A humble servant.”– Kanye West
4. “I have enough to be happy about and I will continue to focus on that.”– Kanye West
5. “Release dates are PLAYED OUT!” — Kanye West
6. “If your job is to inspire, you have to keep that moving.” — Kanye West
7. On what Kanye thinks of his sister-in-law and Tyga’s relationship.. “Tyga is smart, he got her early.” —Kanye West
8. “Like Common said in that song, it’s the wisdom of the elders and the young people’s energy.”– Common via Kanye West
9. “My wife is a visionary.” — Kanye West
10. “That went a lot better than y’all thought it would!”– Kanye West
On the racial tension that brewed in 2014 from Ferguson, and more..
“My father emailed me, he is way smarter than me. He is my only parent so I have to listen to him. He told me to stay out of it. I mean, I can’t jump in front of every bullet.”– Kanye West
I am thrilled to get to know this New Kanye, this husband/father/calm (sometimes) cool, collected Mr. West.
We grew up on pink Polo Mr. West.
We got familiar with Gucci Mr. West.
We never understood, but loved him anyway, the Angry Artistic Rant-Filled Mr. West.
And I am looking forward to blasting new music from the New and Improved Media Trained Mr. West!
So, how long do you think the New and Imporved Media Trained Kanye will last?!?!
Get in the NOW!
Check out the full interview here