Atlanta Baby! It’s no secret that Atlanta is known for its variety of events held throughout the city from A-list parties, concerts, award shows, and more. However, Atlanta is also known for its rise in entrepreneurs.
This past Saturday, Giselle Ave. had the opportunity to attend The PR Power Up Workshop held at Microsoft at The Lenox put on by Senior Publicist, Founder of Lillie Mae PR, and Author Lillie Mae.
The PR Power Up Workshop is a series created for Business Owners and PR Professionals looking to learn PR strategies, brand activations, and media pitching to help elevate your business and client to the next level. This intimate workshop allowed us to gain knowledge and get feedback from a panel of successful heavy hitters in the industry.
As a Creative Agency, we were beyond thrilled to be among like-minded individuals and hear the panel’s testimonials of failed attempts, sacrifice, and the do’s and don’ts as it relates to networking, branding, and media.
Here are a few vital tips that was given as you pursue a career in PR:
- Your social networks should be consistent with who you are as a person and what you desire to be
- Media Pitching through social media is a don’t; take the time to research
- Build Media Relationships- In PR “P” stands for Persistence in the proper format
- “Loyalty” reigns supreme in this field
- Be able to fuel your own burning desire, first as an entrepreneur— otherwise go work for someone else
- Let your passion lead you
- Always operate in excellence- referrals are the best form of advertisement
- Integrity goes a long way
- Do the knowing-always pursue knowledge
- Balance is Key
Lastly, “Be Yourself”.
Thank you to Lillie Mae and the entire panel for putting together an informative workshop!