It is finally here, the moment we’ve all been waiting for…. A NEW YEAR!! Cheers to 2016 and the beautiful months ahead! I’ll be the first to admit I was so happy to see 2015 vanish into our memories, as if it is truly a thing of the past. While everyone, including myself, is excited about reaching new heights in 2016, now is the perfect time to revisit your WHY and work your way backwards. I’m no life coach or expert in living the life you want; but I do have a knack for giving it a try. Even if you fail, it is much better to fail trying, than to not have tried at all.
So, what exactly are we trying to do? Choose Happy. This is the motto for 2016: CHOOSE HAPPY. The more years I am blessed to see, the more I realize how easy it is to NOT choose happy. Happy is an emotion that gives us fulfillment, satisfaction, pleasure, and hope. Un-happy—is a concept we aren’t going to elaborate on, but it is all too familiar. Even the happiest campers have their down days, and times that seem to be everything but happiness, and joy. This year, I challenge you to choose happy.
Here are Five Tips on Ways to Stay Happy This New Year!
- WORKOUT. Release those feel-good endorphins and allow your body to talk back to you. We don’t have to adopt a rigid workout plan, but a simple thirty minute cardio session three times a week will have a major impact. Give it a try, workout.
- PRAY. Talk to the higher powers about your dreams, and watch them come into existence.
- EAT CLEAN. We are what we eat. It’s amazing how much clarity one can have with the omission of foods and beverages that intoxicate our bodies and minds– eat clean(er).
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE ENERGY AND ENCOURAGEMENT. Yo, true story, toxic people are out to steal your joy and peace of mind! Don’t allow it! I learned recently that we have to protect ourselves from toxic energy, do yourself a favor.
- STAY PRESENT, IN THE NOW. I will call this the most difficult task of them all, but it is necessary to live in the now. Right now, you are reading this sentence and nothing in the future or past is relevant. All we have is Now. Read Eckhart Tolle’s “The Power of Now.”
As we embark on the Choose Happy life in 2016, I pray that your dreams are realized, your days are filled with joy, and your heart is full of love and compassion!
Hello Twenty Sixteen.