April 8, 2015– Atlanta, GA– “I’m a grooooown woman, I do whatever I want!” This lyric can be found on Beyonce’s self-titled album Beyonce, track title: grown woman. I agree, Beyonce is a grown woman.. but does she really get to do whatever she wants? I am a member of the Bey Hive, and I love the artist living in Beyonce, BUT…. …. I have a piece of mind to share.
I watched the #TIDALforALL roll-out last week and it was pretty much the most star-studded stage I’ve ever seen. Kanye West, Daft Punk, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Madonna, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj– all of the A-List musicians, lined up, pledging their allegiance to TIDAL. Dubbed “owners,” of the new music streaming service, artists were present to personally pen their name to seal the deal. TIDAL is a different conversation, but Beyonce was on my mind.
On the Stage
What did I notice that was so shocking and revealing during the #TIDALforALL news telecast? That Beyonce was on the stage, not Sasha Fierce. Not the Single Ladies singing, Flawless Repping, I woke up like dis chanting, Yonce’… it was the meek, shy, and introverted Beyonce.
She appeared to be so uncomfortable being on the stage, standing on stage with no particular reason besides waiting to sign the dotted line. I honestly feel like Beyonce has something to say, but her voice has been so muted by the bright light she lives in— that she can’t even share her true feelings! Of course, we attempt to get to know our favorite artists through their music, but sometimes that just isn’t enough. Sometimes you have to just tell it like it is.
That’s where I come in! I am going to share with you 7 thoughts that I think Beyonce wants to let the people know. I mean how would you feel if you knew for a fact, no matter what you do or where you are– the people are ALWAYS watching your every move?!
7 Things Beyonce Really Wants to Let the People Know
***Cues Beyonce’s Voice
7. I am NOT God! I love God, but I am not God. Stop the madness!
6. Why do you all get so excited anytime I do anything? I am a normal human being with a special voice and amazing team who makes me the star you see on camera. But behind all of that, I am a girl from Houston who loves to perform. There are a lot of girls who share my dream, all they need is encouragement. Your child can be the next “Beyonce” just let them know they can….
5. Stop calling me Beysus, I mean really! That’s all.
4. So my sister roughed my husband in the elevator one night, it’s family business. Ok, this one is for the press. I know good and well your sister got upset at your man for whatever reason— why is it breaking news when it happens to me?
3. If y’all say one more smart ass remark about my daughter, I’m gonna go Ape Shit. No, like in real-life… Ape Shit. Blue is my daughter, not your next headliner. FALL THE F%&K BACK!!
2. I am not perfect, I never said I was, I don’t want to be. Have you not listened to ANY of my latest songs? Pretty hurts, like pain. Everytime I go out, I have to be on 100– I can’t have a day to myself? Please, let me do me.
1. Jay, I love you. But please don’t think I’m just your little wife. I spent my entire life becoming who I am today— with and without you. Why do we teach little girls to aspire for marriage and we don’t teach men the same? I still don’t know the answer, but I do know I am Beyonce Giselle Knowles… and Mrs. Carter is what they sometimes call me.
Until the next time I feel like setting the record straight,