My text game entered a new level when I was introduced to Bitmoji a few years ago. It’s so fun to use a comic version of yourself as text replies. It only gets better when the person you’re texting has a Bitmoji too! But with levels, comes new levels, and I’m here to show you how to get into this ANIMATED BITMOJI LIFE–using your Snapchat app!
Now, if you know me, you know I love social media. I get it, everyone doesn’t love social media, but count me out of that bunch. As a Communication Professional, I realize there’s so much power in connecting audiences across the world–by way of a Snap story, or a tweet!
Even better when social media channels join forces to get better. Now, I’m not a huge fan of the way Facebook bought Instagram and adopted the same annoying algorithm for presenting content: meh. But, my homey Evan (he’s the homey in my head) is out here staying in his own lane, and saying NO to a $3B dollar buyout offer from Big Brother Facebook and instead, he’s focusing on making his app better.
In August of this year, Google reportedly offered $30 billion to acquire Snapchat… WOW! Apparently, Evan knows exactly what he’s doing.
Well, Evan & friends, you’ve really outdone yourself with the latest Snapchat update, honestly!
Earlier this year, I blogged about a Perfect Match: Snapchat buys Bitmoji to Sauce Up the Popular Social App . Now I’ll admit, one of the biggest cons of Snapchat is that it just isn’t user-friendly. One must be taught how to master this social site, and that’s what I’m here for!
Here’s How to Get Your Animated Bitmoji
- Update your Snapchat App to Version 10.17.5.0 — Okay that sounds technical but basically, make sure you have the latest version of the app. It was last updated on September 19th, 2017
- Create a Bitmoji, from the Snapchat App — If you haven’t already, there are a ton of things that Bitmoji can do inside of Snpachat, that you can’t do from the regular Bitmoji keyboard.
- Open Snapchat, with camera facing forward— NOT in selfie mode, just regular old video mode
- Press and Hold Your Screen — There will be a little winding circle, then the filter options will pop up!
- Swipe your filter options to the left, and then…. — Your screen will picture the Bitmoji logo while you’re animated Bitmoji populates
- BOOM! You’ve unlocked your ANIMATED BITMOJI! — This is the fun part, there are a few video scenes to choose from: Bitmoji playing with a fidget spinner, Bitmoji waiting on the bus, and even Bitmoji taking a selfie in the wild!
Pro Tip: Be sure to record your Bitmoji as if you’re the actual camera man! You can view the Bitmoji from various angles– and that’s the trippy part. Place your animated Bitmoji in cool backgrounds to get the full effect!
I think this idea was inspired by the viral dancing hot dog that made waves in the media.
Nevertheless, I am here for this animated life. All I’ve ever wanted to be was a cartoon character, and voila!
All set! Are you ready to join the animated life?
I look forward to watching your videos soon, be sure to follow me on Snap at ‘GiselleAvenue’ to get more pro tips!